autism-pakistan.org Forum Index autism-pakistan.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Materials and Instructions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    autism-pakistan.org Forum Index -> Sarah's program
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saima

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Materials and Instructions Reply with quote

Dear Fareeha,

Hope you recieved the materials that I send you. This is how you use those.

Receptive Language

I am sending you labelled pictures of 5 objects from the same category. These are some ways how you can use it for Sarah's plan.

a, Ask her to point to the picture ' cow' and the word 'cow'. As she is developing sight word vocabulary, she will be able to accomplish the first step soon.

b, Teach her to draw a line from the word to the picture.

c, Cut out the labels if she has difficulty doing that, and teach her to paste the labels in the right spot.

d, Teach her the sentence format. this is a cow / horse etc.

e, Teach her the plural concept ....animals, these are animals.

Expressive Language

Is Sarah verbalizing request with or without the sentence strip?

Lets add more to the strip and give meaning to the requests.

I want to eat _________.

I want to drink ________ .

I will send these to you and you can laminate and place it at a convenient spot in the kitchen.

Interactive reading

A book about Sarah's likes....

Sarah likes to eat.....(rice).
Sarah likes to drink.....(juice)
Sarah likes to go to......(park)

Sarah likes to play with......(barbie dolls)
Sarah likes to play on ...(swing)

Also check out the book description that I gave to Irum about her son. We will have some sample sheets on the forum for other parents to print out and convert for their child.

Songs

Find songs that go with each set of words that you are doing. Like for animals....Old mcdonald
for body parts...head, shoulders., Akendrum
Start singing in front of mirror and hand over hand help her make actions.

Let me know if you need help with finding songs. More than words has a good collection and ideas about this.

Fine motor

I will be sending you templates for tracing and drawing.

Let her draw facial features for happy, sad, angry and scared. Play with emotions, make fun sounds, use mirror.

Cut and paste

How is she with cutting straight / curved lines?

Verb list

I will paste the early verb list, use bumble bee action video for this purpose. Hand over hand help her imitate from there and also if she is watching song videos. Only concentrate on 2 verbs at a time and let her watch the rest of the video at her pae. Try to repeat action imitation by pausing or stopping the program...praise and than let her continue watching.

Introduce timer, and tell her for how long she can watch on her own and than you will work.

Question / Answers

Once Sarah gets good with with the...this is a.... sentence use, we will pair it with the question, what is this?

Beginning and Ending sounds

I will send you these sheets for trace and sounding. Actually there are few Rhyming word sheets on the forum that can be used. If it s Hard for Sarah to trace, just ask her to repeat the sound after you. This will bring more clarity to her voice.

Hope this clarifies the program more. Do let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Take care,

Saima
saima

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it's been over 6 months that you have not added any reports to the program that was placed for your child...or given me a reason for not doing so, my understanding is that either she is doing too well and you don't need further direction or the program didn't work for your child at all. In any case, I am sorry to say that I can't continue with my offer of online consultation for you any more as I have picked another case for that.

Thanks and good luck with your child's progress.

Saima
Post new topic   Reply to topic    autism-pakistan.org Forum Index -> Sarah's program All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: