autism-pakistan.org Forum Index autism-pakistan.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Materials and instructions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    autism-pakistan.org Forum Index -> Aliyan's program
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saima

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Materials and instructions Reply with quote

Fine motor, connecting lines.

Use the ladder sheet. Hand over hand trace the vertical and horizontal lines with a wide tip black marker. Also take child's finger and move it over the lines. If the child wants to be more independent let him trace some himself and some hand over hand. As he learns to grip the marker better, loosen your grip but keep your hand in place for the needed support. Repeat this exercise every day till the child starts getting more than 50% correct. Than move on to the next sheet.
Target horizontal lines, vertical lines, diagonal and than curved.

Position of the instructor should be behind and little to the dominant side.

Emotion recognition, dawing facial features

Start with the happy face. Get child's attention directly or using mirror....and make happy and angry faces. Let him feel your lips and forehead and than take his hand to feel his own lips. Hand over hand trace over one feature and than draw. Clearly say happy before drawing or expressing that emotion.
Also introduce 'if you are happy and you know it" song.

Receptive body parts

Use the 2 noun pictures for receptive discrimination. Let me know what his response is.

Receptive home items
Same as above.

Expressive, requesting

Use of sentence strip with pecs. It's important to begin with child's name first....like Aliyan wants _____ . He only needs to hand you the pec. you place it on the strip and say.......by pointing to each word, than give the asked item.

Let me know once you introduce this and the response.

Animal Sounds

Hope this is going well.

Interactive reading

Use labelled pictures of Aliyan's favourite food, drink, place, family members on the send pages. Read this book to him every day, and emphasize on his name and 'happy' .

Songs

Does he like listening to barney song?

Sing 'head shoulders' for body parts, if you are happy for emotions and expressions and later add Akendrum .

This can be done with him with his siblingings, you can help Aliyan point and act hand over hand while his brother would be like modelling for him.

Do let me know if I have missed something or if you need more clarification.

Thanks,

Saima
saima

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: recommended materials. Reply with quote

Dear Irum,

You must have recieved the word and verb list that I sent earlier. Try getting picture cards for those. Check with your slp, she would know where to get those from, or might already be using some for Aliyan. I recommend laureate deck, which costs $ 21 for 150 cards, but I am sure that you will be able to find a good set locally.

You can play, match, find the object / toy, bingo with these cards, after Aliyan shows visual discrimination. I will also send some grouped pictures to help with the categorization skill.

Also get the book,'how do i teach this child....

Get junior boggles / junior scrabble or other simple spelling games to be used with turn taking with the rest of the family. Help Aliyan when it's his turn and encourage good waiting for his turn.

That's all for now Smile

Saima
saima

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoa Irum,

Can you use these headings to describe Aliayan's progress in various areas and his response to the specific steps...like his response to singing / book reading, fine motor with connecting lines / drawing facial expressions, sounds associated with play or while requesting...?

Thanks,

Saima
Post new topic   Reply to topic    autism-pakistan.org Forum Index -> Aliyan's program All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: